French

French

Key Stage 3

Languages at Key Stage 3 incorporate vocabulary learning, oral practice, listening and reading skills, dictionary skills, writing practice and the study of grammar. Pupils are tested regularly and assessed half-termly to track progress.  Pupils are encouraged to communicate in the target language and consolidate topics through homework and class work tasks. Pupils use Tricolore 1, 2 and 3.

All pupils are invited to attend our trips which include visits to Boulogne, Lille and le Touquet.   Pupils in Years 9, 10 and 11 are given the opportunity to visit Boulogne or the Lille Christmas Market in the winter term, while pupils in years 7 and 8 benefit greatly from our annual trip to le Touquet / Boulogne in the summer term.  The Sixth Form are of course invited to attend all trips offered.

Languages' Day

Key Stage 4

At present, pupils who are currently in year 11 are completing the old AQA specification.  Pupils produce 4 pieces of controlled assessment tasks over the two years, which form 60% of the final mark. The remaining 40% are dedicated to listening and reading.

The current year 10 cohort are following the new AQA specification which assesses all 4 skills at the end of year 11.  The topics studied are: Identity and culture, local national, international and global areas of interest and current and future study and employment.

Year 10 and 11 pupils receive vocabulary booklets and workbooks to accompany their learning and practise past papers.